The adowa is a peg-tension drum native to Ghana, and has a unique, mellow, very tonal sound. The technique for the Adowa is relatively light, as opposed to the conga or even the djembe.
- Individual tuning and testing - comes to you ready to play
- Solid one-piece construction using Mansonia, a legally harvested tropical drum wood
- Treated with at least 3 coats of coconut oil and shea butter, to hydrate and beautify wood
- New calf skin, closely shaved to eliminate uncomfortable stubble and improve sound
- Basic playing and care instructions available online
- Bottom rim and bearing edge coated with wax to protect and seal the wood