World Percussion USA works with cultural artisans across the globe to curate a diverse offering of traditional percussion and musical instruments. This new Hand-carved African Djembe Drum is made in Ghana out of solid, medium brown, dried Tweneboa wood, with a natural goat-skin head that has been close-shaved for comfort. The result is a nice sounding djembe with low bass, high slaps, and solid open tones that can proudly be played at your local drum circle, worship team, West African drum class, or to jam on your own. Each djembe comes tuned by hand immediately before shipping, ready to play right out of the box. The 12-13" head size and 24" height, weighing 12-16 pounds, is a standard full-size djembe, suitable for most adult male and female drummers. Base carvings will vary, and will feature a simple pattern of geometric designs according to the preference of the carver. Top ring cloth will vary among multi-colored African patterns. Black rope and loops, with black handle is standard.
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Good sound quality from the solid wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Tuned with deep bass sound, nice open tones, & high slaps - play right out of the box.
- 12-13” head, 24” tall, 12-16 pounds, standard full-size large djembe
- Base carvings vary within simple geometric designs as shown in sample photo