This Senegal djembe represents well the uniqueness and quality Senegal has to offer. Senegal has created a djembe shape that is totally unique from any other West African country with an elongated bowl and ultra-flared base. Extra-dense Dugura (dimba, duki) wood, with a thick goat skin, tuned with patience and power, combine to create a semi-dry to very-dry, crisp sound with ease of distinction between bass, tone, and slap. Along with a money back guarantee, here is what this pro standard djembe features: * 12-13" OSD wood, 23-24" full height, 11-12 " OSD base, 18-23 lbs * Dark, very dense Dugura (dimba, dimbah, duki) hardwood, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct * Wood seasoned and handcarved in Senegal, West Africa, treated inside with karite (shea butter) and sealed outside to protect wood * Thick Senegalese goat skin, dry shaved and hydrated with a bit of shea butter * Skin molded over top ring to protect ropes, for playing comfort, and aesthetics, hair left on flap * 4mm braided black drum rope for the 32-36 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started * 4mm black drum rope for top loops and bottom loops, double hitch loop pattern on bottom ring * Bright cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin * Rope carrying handle installed on bottom ring for easy transport * Extra tuning rope included, wrapped around neck for storage * All 1/4" rings custom fitted very tight, with bottom ring extra-thick * Well shaped bearing edge, hand rounded for playing comfort and skin safety * Simple and elegant grooves deep carved around the base of the drum * This djembe does not fit our Professional Djembe Case due to the base diameter. Check back later for larger professional case currently in design.
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Warm, full bass sound, strong open tones, and clean, crisp, high slaps - right out of the box.
- Dark, very dense Dugura (dimba, dimbah, duki) hardwood, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct.
- Wood seasoned and handcarved in Senegal, West Africa, treated inside with karite (shea butter) and sealed outside to protect wood
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .