Our Paragon Heartwood Guinea Djembes offer an exceptional value with an authentic, hand-carved specialty hardwood shell from Guinea, a natural, thick goat skin, and imported low-stretch rope. The sound is crisp and bright with good projection and distinction between tones and slaps, with a low, full bass response. Every drum we sell from our drum shop is put on our rope puller and custom tuned before shipping, ensuring that it is play-ready right out of the box. Along with a money back guarantee, our Guinea Paragon djembes feature:
General Size Specifications:
- Total Outer Diameter - Including Outer Rings: 13.0-13.75in
- Wood Bearing Edge Diameter: 12.5-13.25in
- Total Height: 24-25in
- Base Diameter: 10-11in including black tire rubber
- Weight: 15-20lbs
- Carved from one piece of solid Lenke, Hare, or Acajou hardwood by skilled Guinean cultural artisans using traditional methods.
- Wood seasoned and hand-carved in Guinea, West Africa, hydrated with shea butter sealed with a special blend of hardening oils to prevent cracking
- Thick goat skin from Guinea, wet shaved and finished with skin-twist technique
- 5mm low-stretch drum rope for the 30-32 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started. Rope colors vary.
- 4mm low-stretch drum rope for top and bottom rings, double hitch loop pattern on bottom ring. Rope colors vary.
- Blue cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin
- Extra tuning rope included, wrapped around neck for storage
- All 1/4 in. rings custom fitted, locking in the tension, making sound more even
- High durometer black rubber pad installed on the bottom edge, for wood protection and playing comfort
- Carefully hand shaped bearing edge for even sound
- Simple to moderate geometric carving style covers one fourth to one half of the base
- The pictures above are representative of the drums we have in stock, ready to ship. All drums will match the written description, and will be very similar to those shown in pictures above.