These professional tama from Mali are among the most responsive we have ever played. The Dugara wood, carved clean inside and out with exact dimensions, headed with goat skin, together with superior craftsmanship, make this a legitimate professional level instrument. You'll be amazed at the volume and quality of sound this relatively small drum puts out. Backed up by our warranty, this tama features: * hand carved of seasoned Dugara wood in Mali, 5-6" head diameter X 10-12" tall. * wood sealed with hardening oils to improve response and prevent cracking * wet shaved goat skin custom fitted to drum body * plenty of strong white synthetic vertical ropes * handcarved, curved beater included (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Hand carved of seasoned Dugara wood in Mali. 5.5-6" head diameter X 11-12" tall.
- The superior materials and craftsmanship make this a legitimate professional level instrument.
- You'll be amazed at the volume and quality of sound this relatively small drum puts out.
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .