This standard full size gankogui (gon-koe-KWI) produces a bright, open tone in the low bell and a lighter, higher pitch note in the high bell. Use with any percussion ensemble to keep time and add musical variety. The gankogui, also known as agogo bell, double bell, or hi-low bell, is used in a variety of African percussion music, but is traditionally from the Anlo-Ewe of Ghana, Togo, and Benin. By striking the bells with a mallet or beater a two-pitch song is created. Each gankogui is hand-forged of recycled iron in Togo. Covered by our warranty, our gankogui feature: * 6in tall low bell, 10in tall * hand forged from recycled iron by expert blacksmiths in Togo * bright, sustained tones sing out over the ensemble * durable construction, built with quality of sound as priority * light-wood beater included * may have plain metal handle, or wood handle; no selection available * due to the nature of the crafting process and materials used, each bell will have its own pitch and sound quality (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- Hand-forged of recycled iron by master blacksmiths in Togo; stick included
- 6in tall low bell, 10in tall; May have plain metal handle, or wood handle; no selection available
- Bright, sustained tones sing out over the ensemble; two distinct tones with no specific tuning
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!