The 10\" x 28\" carved conga is about the size of a standard Quinto. The difference between this conga and a manufactured piece is the warmth created by the carved wood and untreated cow skin, and the increased bass due to the dimensions of the shell. The bearing edge is also more comfortable than a traditional conga.
- Solid one-piece construction, hand carved out of a single piece of Mansonia wood
- Cow skin head, shaved close for comfortable playing surface
- Cloth wrapped flesh and bottom rings to protect skin and rope
- At least 3 coats of coconut oil to help wood acclimate and prevent cracking
- Bearing edge rounded for long skin life and comfort whilst playing
- Rope handle securely attached to make transportation easier
- Wide mid-body and narrow base opening to round out tones
- Ledge carved to keep bottom ring in position as tension is added
- Fully tunable roping system using the Mali weave
- Pictures are representative. Actual drum may vary in appearance, but will match the written descriptions.