The Paragon Heartwood Mali Djembe 13x24 is our most affordable Mali djembe drum that produces an advanced quality sound with simple design and basic features. Handcarved in Mali out of a solid piece of seasoned specialty hardwood, and hooked up with a thick, natural goat skin, with basic two top-ring design, black rope, and no base carvings. Crank up the tension for a semi-dry solo djembe with high slaps and distinct tones, or ease up for an all-around excellent playing ensemble djembe. Similar to our Paragon Heartwood Mali Pro Djembe, this drum is more affordable because of a different tuning system, no artistic carvings, and basic low-stretch rope.This Mali djembe features:
- 12.5-13.5" OSD wood, 24-25" full height, 8.5-9" OSD base, 18-20 lbs
- Inventory includes seasoned, hand-carved Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou hardwoods, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct
- Thick Mali goat skin, wet shaved and hydrated with a bit of shea butter
- 5mm braided black drum rope for the 22-24 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started, 4mm black drum rope for loops, extra tuning rope
- Black cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin
- All 1/4" rings custom fitted very tight, keeps tension even, 2 top rings and one neck ring
- Well shaped bearing edge, hand rounded for playing comfort and skin safety
- Beautiful wood grain patterns uninterrupted by carving, this plain base is simple and elegant
- The pictures above are of one of many Mali djembes imported from the same group of carvers; all djembes will be similar to photos with minor wood and skin variations
- 12.5-13.5" wood, 24-25" full height, 9-10" OSD base, 18-20 lbs; Photos are accurate representation.
- Seasoned Malian Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou hardwoods, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct
- Custom fitted two top rings, thick Mali wet-shaved goat skin, low-stretch black loops and vertical ropes with extra tuning rope
- Rounded bearing edge, tuned very tight, natural wood grain finish with no extra design carving
- The sale of this drum supports the work of Africa Heartwood Project in West Africa doing orphan support and village water projects.