Africa Heartwood Project djembes are hand-carved experienced drum makers in West Africa. The Classical djembes are specially crafted with sound quality and playability in mind, with additional attention give to aesthetics. The 6.5-8" X 14-16" are the smallest sized versions of a full size djembe that we carry; this is NOT a toy or merely a souvenir that you would expect to fall apart after a few months or sound cheap. Choose from 2 sizes! 6.5-7"x14-15", and 7-8"x15-16". Each small Classic Heartwood Djembe drum is fully playable, similar to a dumbek or a bongo. The size is suitable for most 2-5 year old children, but is also great for backpacking and as a substitute for a bongo, or when tuned high, a dumbek. All Classical Heartwood djembes are backed up by our satisfaction guarantee, and feature our 10 Point Quality Assurance. Purchase with confidence, knowing each djembe is always individually inspected and tested before shipping. Decorative carvings in the base typically consist of tasteful geometric patterns, similar to those shown in the photos above. (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Comes to you tuned up, ready to play out of the box. Tunable. 6.5-8"x14-16" in 2 size selections.
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!