Africa Heartwood Project djembes are hand-carved by experienced drum makers in West Africa. The Classical djembes are specially crafted with sound quality and playability in mind, with additional attention give to aesthetics. The 14"X25" is an oversize djembe, suited for taller individuals or drummers with oversize hands. All Classical Heartwood djembes are backed up by our satisfaction guarantee, and feature our 10 Point Quality Assurance. Purchase with confidence, knowing each djembe is always individually inspected and tested before shipping. (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
* Hand-carved from a solid Mansonia wood using traditional methods in Ghana, West Africa, sealed to prevent cracking
* Strong natural African goat skin, never bleached, with custom fitted rings (2 top, 1 bottom), with ledge for bottom ring
* Durable black rope for loops and verticals with extra tuning rope wrapped, and well-shaped bearing edge for playing comfort
* Each drum is hand tuned before packing, with tuning knots started - Ready to play right out of the box!
* Built in Africa by African cultural artisans supported by non-profit Africa Heartwood Project