Africa Heartwood Project djembes are hand-carved by experienced drum makers in West Africa. The Classical djembes are specially crafted with sound quality and playability in mind, with additional attention give to aesthetics. The 13"X24" is a standard size djembe, suitable for most adult male and female drummers. --------------Our Classic Cow Skin Djembe is built to the same high standards as the other Classical Heartwood Djembes, but features a medium-thick cow skin head instead of goat. Some djembe drummers really favor the cow skin difference, giving the drum strong, deep tones and thicker slaps, while retaining the full bass response. The cow skin djembe is great in a West African ensemble as a bass djembe, offering a distinct sound to set djembe accompaniments apart. If you are the kind of djembe player with a heavier playing technique, or if you just love the richness of a thicker skin sound, this djembe is for you! ----------Purchase with confidence, knowing each djembe is always individually inspected and tested before shipping. ----------(World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African cow skin.
- Warm, full bass sound, super strong open tones, and thicker slaps - Cow skin fullness of sound
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!