The sangban (middle size) in the set of three is the dominant tonal note in the ensemble, and is typically associated with the movement of the torso of the dancers, and is considered the center, core identity of each rhythm. This sangban is part of the Classic line of imported drums from Africa Heartwood Project, suited for students, schools, and drum circles, and features: * comes to you tuned up, ready to play out of the box * solid one-piece construction using Mansonia, a legally harvested hardwood abundant in West Africa * wood treated with at least 4 coats of coconut oil to hydrate and beautify wood * new African cow skin on both sides, hair left on to mellow the sound and for protection * new, extra-strong synthetic rope, long lasting and durable * crown rings wrapped in cloth for long rope life * each bearing edge coated with wax to protect and seal the wood * tapered wood dunun beater included with each drum
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African cow skin.
- The sangban (middle size) in the set of three is the dominant tonal note in the ensemble.
- Wood treated with at least 4 coats of coconut oil to hydrate and beautify wood.
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .