The Drum Circle Djembe by Africa Heartwood Project is designed to offer a budget drum for the beginner drummer whose priority is to get a playable djembe for the lowest possible price. These are real djembes, handcarved in Ghana, and are suitable for a drummer who is interested in recreational rhythm making. These drums are typical of what you would find at an open-air market in Ghana, are likely the type of drum-souvenir most tourists take home with them after a holiday in Africa, and is an improvement on most drums exported from Indonesia. They tend to look exotic but lack some of the quality details that finer djembes built for technical drumming have. The 11"x22" size is slightly smaller than full-size, and is suitable for more petite adult drummers, most women, and upper-elementary to middle school age students. This drum features a deep ebony black stain with line-carving of a village scene, including a hut, an elephant, and a tree, with goat skin head shaved, and black rope. Exact size and style will vary from photos above, but will be similar.
* Hand-carved from a solid Mansonia wood using traditional methods in Ghana, West Africa, sealed to prevent cracking
* Strong natural African goat skin, never bleached, with custom fitted rings (2 top, 1 bottom), with ledge for bottom ring
* Durable black rope for loops and verticals with extra tuning rope wrapped, and well-shaped bearing edge for playing comfort
* Each drum is hand tuned before packing, with tuning knots started - Ready to play right out of the box!
* Built in Africa by African cultural artisans supported by non-profit Africa Heartwood Project