If you could mix a guiro, vibra-tone, and wawa pedal you'd get this crazy percussion toy we call the African Slider Guiro. By sliding the gourd over the carved ridges in the cane body a guiro-like sound is produced. The resonating chamber is the Togo seed, which, when touching the vibrating cane, can be covered by the thumb (like a vibra-tone) to change the pitch, creating a wawa effect. Covered by our warranty, this instrument features: * 18" tall cane with carved ribs and leather stoppers * 2" hollow Swawa gourd and open Togo seed on leather cord * Handcrafted using natural materials in Ghana * As a handmade product exact appearance may vary from photos * Playing instructions: 1. hold handle and seed pod in one hand, grip round gourd in other hand 2. slide gourd up and down stick quickly, in rhythm 3. touch seed pod to handle in rhythm, which changes/amplifies the sound of the the sliding gourd Hint: The technique of simultaneously holding the handle and touching and lifting the pod on and off the handle with one hand will take a bit of practice. Have fun! (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)
- Handcrafted using natural materials in Ghana
- 18" tall cane with carved ribs and leather stoppers
- 2" hollow Swawa gourd and open Togo seed on leather cord
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!