This bugarabu is a fine example of expert carving and the unique, powerful sound the bugarabu is known for. Bugarabu sound quality is greatly determined by the quality of the skin, which on this drum is of optimal thickness, producing very deep, loud tones, slaps that bite through the air, and full bass. The quality of the wood is superior, with dark, seasoned Iroko wood, carved to uniform thickness and well seasoned.
- Standard full size bowl: 12-13" top OSD wood; ~25" tall; ~9" base OSD wood, 17-22 lbs.
- Seasoned, solid wood treated with karite (shea butter) and adjusted to arid environment
- All carved of hand picked Iroko wood, legally harvested and seasoned in Ivory Coast
- Shell is carved to even thickness throughout, clean edges and surface
- Thick Ivory Coast cow skin, shaved or with hair on, for that great, powerful sound
- Bearing edge hand curved for playing comfort and sound quality
- Ledge carved around belly for bottom ring
- All 1/4" metal rings custom fitted, wrapped in black cloth
- Drum comes pre-tuned, ready to play, with extra tuning rope
- Woven rope handle installed for easier transport and to attach a strap
- Evenly spaced red loops, 22-24, with thick nylon rope for verts
- Actual drums will match the description buy may vary slightly from representative photos
|Wood Type||Iroko (Odum)|
|Dimensions||12-13" top OSD wood; ~25" tall; ~9" base OSD wood, 17-22 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||Ivory Coast|