This 11" x 28" carved Ivory Coast conga is about the size of a standard Conga.The quality of the wood is superior, with dark, seasoned Iroko wood, and upgraded hair on cow skin.
- Solid one-piece construction, hand carved out of a single piece of Iroko wood
- Cow skin head, hair on playing surface
- Cloth wrapped flesh and bottom rings to protect skin and rope
- At least 3 coats of coconut oil to help wood acclimate and prevent cracking
- Bearing edge rounded for long skin life and comfort whilst playing
- Rope handle securely attached to make transportation easier
- Wide mid-body and narrow base opening to round out tones
- Ledge carved to keep bottom ring in position as tension is added
- Fully tunable roping system using the Mali weave
- Pictures are representative. Actual drum may vary in appearance, but will match the written descriptions.
|Wood Type||Iroko (Odum)|
|Dimensions||11" x 28"|
|Country of Origin||Ivory Coast|