This London-based book and CD present four complete African dances with 16 contrasting workshops, especially for use by classroom teachers and percussion specialists. Help beginner percussion groups develop a terrific range of rhythmic ideas using everyday classroom percussion and the body while preparing impressive dances for school concerts or assemblies! The Beat it! African Dances, Group Percussion for Beginners pack provides everything you need for group work:
- CD with full performances of each piece, accompaniments for performance, and demonstrations of each part
- Printed melody lines for overhead or group use
- Piano parts with chord symbols for guitar as alternative to CD accompaniment
- 16 workshops deveop a wealth of contrasting rhythmic and tuned percussion techniques
- Background on a variety of African instruments
Authors: Evelyn Glennie and Paul Cameron
48 pages, soft cover. Audio CD included.