Our 13" x 30" carved Super Tumba will probably be the biggest conga drum you've ever seen. Not only is the head size bigger than average, but the breadth of the body is massive. This drum is great for low end; strong bass notes and heavy tones.
- Solid one-piece construction, hand carved out of a single piece of Mansonia wood
- Cow skin head, shaved close for comfortable playing surface
- Cloth wrapped flesh and bottom rings to protect skin and rope
- At least 3 coats of coconut oil to help wood acclimate and prevent cracking
- Bearing edge rounded for long skin life and comfort whilst playing
- Rope handle securely attached to make transportation easier
- Wide mid-body and narrow base opening to round out tones
- Ledge carved to keep bottom ring in position as tension is added
- Fully tunable roping system using the Mali weave
- Pictures are representative. Actual drum may vary in appearance, but will match the written descriptions.
|Wood Type||Mansonia (Hard Tweneboa)|
|Dimensions||13" x 30"|
|Country of Origin||Ghana|