This solid Iroko wood dunun stick from Ivory Coast is suited for all sizes of dunun or other thicker skinned drums. It can be played from either end. Covered by our satisfaction guarantee, this dunun mallet features:
- Hand carved from solid, seasoned Iroko wood in Ivory Coast
- Comfortable playing weight and extra long
- Rounded tips for longer drum head life.
- While Iroko is a hardwood, it is somewhat brittle and not well suited for forceful striking against metal rings or wood
- Made by Ivorian cultural artisans supported in their livelihood by non-profit Africa Heartwood Project.
NOTE: Beaters should never be used on high tension drums with thinner animal skins. This includes most djembes, ashikos, doumbeks, etc. If you are not sure whether mallet use is appropriate for your particular drum, contact us and we will try to help.