Our innovative Travel Dunun Drum Set removes portability and storage problems common to full-size dunun. While still offering full volume and depth of sound, the compact size and reduced weight make it easier for performers and teachers to travel with their dunun.
- Sold as a set with average sizes: Dundumba 16"x16" - Sangban 13"x13" - Kenkeni 10"x10"
- Pre-tuned and tested before shipping, comes to you ready to play
- Solid one-piece construction using Mansonia, a legally harvested hardwood abundant in Ghana
- Wood treated with at coconut oil and shea butter, then sealed on the outside to preserve and protect the wood
- New African cow skin on both sides, hair left on to mellow the sound and for protection
- Crown rings wrapped in cloth for long rope life
- Each bearing edge coated with wax to protect and seal the wood
- Tapered wood dunun beater included with each drum
- The dunun (DOO-noon) family of drums (aka djun djun or dun dun) provides the rhythmic and melodic base for the most West African ensemble drumming.
- This family of double-headed, cylindrical, rope-tension drums consists of the doundoumba (largest), sangban (medium), and kenkeni (smallest).