The Drum Circle Djembe by Africa Heartwood Project is designed to offer a budget drum for the beginner drummer whose priority is to get a playable djembe for the lowest possible price. These are real djembes, handcarved in Ghana, and are suitable for a drummer who is interested in recreational rhythm making. These drums are typical of what you would find at an open-air market in Ghana, are likely the type of drum-souvenir most tourists take home with them after a holiday in Africa, and is an improvement on most drums exported from Indonesia. They tend to look exotic but lack some of the quality details that finer djembes built for technical drumming have. The 11"x22" size is slightly smaller than full-size, and is suitable for more petite adult drummers, most women, and upper-elementary to middle school age students.
- Deep red/brown stain
- Line carved elephant/giraffe/boar in contrast light/dark
- Shaved genuine goat skin head
- Black vertical ropes and loops
- Current inventory pictured in 1st picture.
- Exact size and style will vary from photos above, but will be similar.