Learn to play the most popular traditional West African rhythms on the
djembe or djun djun with this user-friendly instructional DVD! Easily
navigated with the click of a remote, this DVD features:
- Djole, Soli Rapide, Kakilambe (Baga), Moribayassa, Soko rhythms
- Slow and fast versions of each part, with multiple views
- Each rhythm part for the dundun and djembe has easy to follow notations
below the videos
- All the video parts for the dundun and djembe rendered together in
a multi screen video
- A"Rhythm Info" screens give information of the rhythm's
origin and when it is played
- All dundun videos have a djembe break that pops up before the rhythm
- Each rhythm part for the dundun and djembe has notations below the
videos. The notations are easy to follow when playing the slow videos.
Play along with the fast videos.
- Each rhythm has a “MIXED” video. All the video parts
are rendered for the dundun and djembe together in a multi screen video
and you will see how each part compliments the others.
- In the “MIXED” videos, there are separate audio tracks.
One track has all the audio of three djembes mixed. Another has each
part separated: the low djembe in the center, the medium on the left
channel and the high on the right channel. This is true for the dundun
also. Sounds great with headphones.
- Play it on your TV with a DVD player, or on your computer with a DVD
- Djole, Soli Rapide, Kakilambe (Baga), Moribayassa, Soko rhythms included
About the Artist:
John Yost is degreed in Percussion from Northeastern University in Illinois
(1992). Currently he works for the Chicago Park District as a music instructor.
Previously, he has taught in the Chicago Public School System. John Yost
is a facilitator, rhythmatist and educator. He has performed and recorded
nationally. He has studied djembe in Africa with several master drummers
and he has studied Taiko in Japan and in the USA. He has studied drum
circle facilitation with the father of the modern drum circle, Arthur
Hull. John has facilitated drum circles in corporations, schools, community
groups and at major Chicago events. In addition, he teaches West African
drum classes and Japanese Taiko. He also facilitates a free weekly drum
circle in Chicago.
Video Samples from John Yost DVD:
Click on an image below and the video will automatically start in Windows