Our natural rainsticks are handcrafted in Chile and produce a mystical sound like rain trickling. After the plentiful Capado cactus plant lives about 6 decades it dies and dries out, and is then harvested, cleaned, and hollowed out by native artisans. The spines are pushed into the hard wood body, or small sticks are inserted, and many very small pebbles are sealed inside. The unique sound produced by turning the stick from end to end is mesmerizing to children and adults alike, and is still used in traditional rain ceremonies throughout South America today. Covered by our satisfaction guarantee, our imported rainsticks feature:
- sturdy construction will stand up to use in the classroom, home, or band over time
- much clearer sound than plastic or poorly made imitation rainsticks
- twine dyed in bright Chilean color combinations wrapped around one or both ends of rainstick
- sanded smooth so it is safe for use by young children (2+ years)
- SIZE OPTIONS: available in 10in, 15in, 20in, 30in, 40in and 60in lengths.