This family of three gankogui (gon-koe-KWI) bells is great for larger ensembles, bell pieces, and classroom settings. The gankogui, also known as agogo bell, double bell, or
hi-low bell, is used in a variety of African percussion music, but is traditionally from the Anlo-Ewe of Ghana, Togo, and Benin. By striking the bells with a mallet or beater a two-pitch song is created. Each gankogui is hand-forged of recycled iron in Togo. Covered by our
our gankogui feature:
- Sizes: Large (9" low bell, 13"
tall), Medium (7" low bell, 11" tall), and Small (5"
low bell, 8" tall)
- each bell is also sold separately
- hand forged from recycled iron by expert blacksmiths in Togo
- bright, sustained tones sing out over the ensemble
- durable construction, built with quality of sound as priority
- light-wood beater included
- due to the nature of the crafting process and materials used, each bell will have its own pitch and sound quality
- Made in Africa by cultural artisans supported by non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .org