Our solid Mango wood dunun mallet from Ivory Coast is specially designed for bringing out the deep bass of the dundumba dunun drum with greater volume and power. The extra thick girth and heavier weight make it easier to play dundumba for longer periods of time without having to use as much force to sustain volume. As this is a handcarved rather than lathe turned some irregularities in size and shape exist. Covered by our satisfaction guarantee, this dundumba beater features:
- Hand carved out of solid, seasoned Mango wood in Ivory Coast, imported direct
- Heavier and thicker design bring out volume in thick-skinned dundumba drums
- Due to being hand crafted some variations in width and length exist
- Rounded tips for longer drum head life - playable from both ends
- NOT recommended for kenkeni or sangban drums
- Made by cultural artisans supported in their livelihood by non-profit Africa Heartwood Project.
NOTE: Beaters should never be used on high tension drums with thinner animal skins. This includes most djembes, ashikos, doumbeks, etc. If you are not sure whether mallet use is appropriate for your particular drum, contact us and we will try to help.