This Senegal djembe represents well the uniqueness and quality Senegal has to offer. Senegal has created a djembe shape that is totally unique from any other West African country with an elongated bowl and ultra-flared base. Extra-dense Dugura (dimba, duki) wood, with a thick goat skin, tuned with patience and power, combine to create a semi-dry to very-dry, crisp sound with ease of distinction between bass, tone, and slap. Along with a money back guarantee, here is what this pro standard djembe features:
- 12-13" OSD wood, 23-24" full height, 11-12 " OSD base, 18-23 lbs
- Dark, very dense Dugura (dimba, dimbah, duki) hardwood, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct
- Wood seasoned and handcarved in Senegal, West Africa, treated inside with karite (shea butter) and sealed outside to protect wood
- Thick Senegalese goat skin, dry shaved and hydrated with a bit of shea butter
- Skin molded over top ring to protect ropes, for playing comfort, and aesthetics, hair left on flap
- 4mm braided black drum rope for the 32-36 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started
- 4mm black drum rope for top loops and bottom loops, double hitch loop pattern on bottom ring
- Bright cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin
- Rope carrying handle installed on bottom ring for easy transport
- Extra tuning rope included, wrapped around neck for storage
- All 1/4" rings custom fitted very tight, with bottom ring extra-thick
- Well shaped bearing edge, hand rounded for playing comfort and skin safety
- Simple and elegant grooves deep carved around the base of the drum
- Protect your Senegal Djembe with our Pro Djembe Travel Case, one of the best on the market.
- The pictures above are a selection among many Senegal djembes we have imported from the same group of carvers; all djembes will be similar to photos with minor wood and skin variations, always allowing for some minor flaws that are part of all handcrafted wood products.